Saturday, April 28, 2012

Green Tea Diet Health Benefits



By Jimmy Smith

While sipping a cup of green tea I thought to myself "I wonder who else is drinking this right now"? I threw up the question on twitter and facebook and got a few quick responses.

"I have a few cups a day because it's good for me."

"I drink one a day in the morning."

"It tastes good and is good for you so that's why I drink 2 cups a day."

That got my mind twisting further thinking about why people drink it in general. The mass media darling supplement that rose to prominence because of various health shows telling you that it can make you lose weight.

I wondered if there's anything to this green tea diet thing that everyone else seems to be so convinced on.

I clicked over to pudmed, the national library for research where you can find any study under the sun.

Popped in a few terms like 
"green tea and weight loss" 
"green tea and metabolism"

In 45 seconds I had a face full of research. Once I got through all the scientific jargon I realized that while following a green tea diet is very healthy for us, it's not going to contribute to a ton of fat loss.

That's not to say that it doesn't help your metabolism. It certainly does but only moderately and it can't correct for a lack of exercise or a poor diet. You see there's this theory that you can drink it and it can help you get lean. From the research we see that this is only moderately true and that proper diet and training has a bigger impact on our physiques.

It's not going to be the big difference maker in your diet.

But I still think you should include green tea in your diet every day for all of the numerous, proven health benefits like

  • -Reduced frequency of illness 
  • -Improved gum and teeth health 
  • -Lowered inflammation 
  • -Increased eye health 
  • -Reduced risk of getting various sorts of cancers 
  • -Lower blood pressure


And that's just a few of the potential benefits that you'll get from adding more of it to your diet.

Here's what I do daily...

Wake up and pop one pill that provided 8 cups through of decaff green tea

Then after my workout, whatever time of day that may be, I'll have 2 bags of green tea in 1 cup. I do this for the amino acid theanine in green tea that helps to get me to relax post workout.

If you need to sweeten it I suggest you use the natural, calorie free sweetener Stevia.

Good stuff

  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Green tea
Design by BloggerThemes